Friday, July 10, 2015

Tom Hardy


Edward Thomas 'Tom' Hardy

15 September 1977

An English actor. In 1998, Hardy won The Big Breakfast‍‍ '​‍s Find Me a Supermodel competition at age 21. Hardy joined Drama Centre London in September 1998, and was taken out early after winning the part of US Army Private John Janovec in the award-winning HBO-BBC miniseries "Band of Brothers". He made his feature film debut in Ridley Scott's 2001 war thriller "Black Hawk Down". In 2003, Hardy appeared in the film "dot the i", and then travelled to North Africa for "Simon: An English Legionnaire", a story of the French Foreign Legion. 
In early 2010, Hardy starred in "The Long Red Road" at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago. The play was written by Brett C. Leonard and directed by Philip Seymour Hoffman. Hardy won some good reviews for his portrayal of Sam, an alcoholic trying to drink away his past. In 2010, he starred as Eames in Christopher Nolan's science fiction thriller "Inception" for which he won a BAFTA Rising Star award. Hardy replaced Michael Fassbender in the 2011 adaptation of "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy".
Hardy starred as Tommy Riordan in the film "Warrior", who is trained by his father to fight in a mixed martial arts tournament against his brother, for which he gained critical acclaim. He played the supervillain Bane in "The Dark Knight Rises", the final film in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, released on 20 July 2012. He played a bootlegger in John Hillcoat's "Lawless" (2012). Hardy has signed up to play the lead role of Sam Fisher in Ubisoft's upcoming film adaptation of their video game series "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell". Hardy played the title character, Max Rockatansky, in 2015's "Mad Max: Fury Road".


As actor
  • Black Hawk Down (2001)
  • Band of Brothers (2001)
  • Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)
  • The Reckoning (2003)
  • dot the i (2003)
  • LD 50 Lethal Dose (2003)
  • Layer Cake (2004)
  • Gideon's Daughter (2005)
  • Colditz (2005)
  • The Virgin Queen (2005)
  • A for Andromeda (2006)
  • Minotaur (2006)
  • Marie Antoinette (2006)
  • Scenes of a Sexual Nature (2006)
  • Sweeney Todd (2006)
  • Flood (2007)
  • WΔZ (2007)
  • Stuart: A Life Backwards (2007)
  • Cape Wrath (2007)
  • Oliver Twist (2007)
  • The Inheritance (2007)
  • Sucker Punch (2008)
  • RocknRolla (2008)
  • Wuthering Heights (2008)
  • Bronson (2008)
  • Thick as Thieves (2009)
  • The Take (2009)
  • Perfect (2009)
  • Inception (2010)
  • Sergeant Slaughter, My Big Brother (2011)
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)
  • Warrior (2011)
  • This Means War (2012)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
  • Lawless (2012)
  • Poaching Wars (2013)
  • Locke (2014)
  • Peaky Blinders (2014-...)
  • The Drop (2014)
  • Child 44 (2015)
  • Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
  • London Road (2015)
  • Legend (2015)
  • The Revenant (2015)
  • Taboo (2016)
  • Dunkirk (2017)
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)


Quotations
* * *
If you look round Hollywood there's no end of white smiles and six packs. Long lines of beautiful people lining up to be incredible on film.
* * *
A lot of people say I seem masculine, but I don't feel it. I feel intrinsically feminine. I'd love to be one of the boys but I always felt a bit on the outside. Maybe my masculine qualities come from overcompensating because I'm not one of the boys.
* * *
I'm from a nice, suburban, middle-class family, but my tattoos remind me where I've been.
* * *
I have a very busy head. I have inside voices that I have learned to contain.
* * *
Style, I think, is panache. Who are you? What did you do today? And what are you worth to me? What do you have to offer the world? How did you spend your time today on this planet? How are you spending your time every second? What are you doing now? Are you alive, or are you somnambulant?
* * *
I play Xbox. I have a little boy to look after. I have dogs. You know, I have things to do. I would love to be able to sit down and watch something like a movie. I watch my own movies because I have to.
* * *
I hate publicists and publicity. But I love the people.
* * *
Fame and stuff like that is all very cool, but at the end of the day, we're all human beings. Although what I do is incredibly surreal and fun and amazing and I'm really grateful for it, I don't believe my own press release, do you know what I mean?
* * *
I like to be other people, not me. And when you're on the red carpet, it's like, 'Here's Tom Hardy.' I don't want to be me. That's why I play other people.
* * *
Maybe it's a little ambitious of me to presume that no matter how big the film is, that I can always go down to the shop to buy a pint of milk.
* * *
I'm into parlor dramas. I'm into theatre. I'm trained for the stage. I trained to do Chekhov and Shakespeare, I was trained for the stage.
* * *
I wanted my dad to be proud of me, and I fell into acting because there wasn't anything else I could do, and in it I found a discipline that I wanted to keep coming back to, that I love and I learn about every day.
* * *
If you're lucky like me, your relationship with your brother has resolved itself on the peaceful side of the fence and has stayed there. But if you're someone who's got a family that's all fractured and finding it hard to relate, that's a very sad place to be.
* * *
Nobody paid any attention career-wise to me in America until 'Bronson.' It gave me a calling card and passage into America, where I've always wanted to work.
* * *
The characters I've played have been mostly violent, and I'm so far from being violent or aggressive. I spend a lot of time watching 'Fireman Sam' with my three-year-old son Louis.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment