Sunday, January 18, 2015

Scarlett Johansson


Scarlett Johansson 

22 November 1984


An American actress, model, and singer. Johansson began acting during childhood, after her mother started taking her to auditions. She would audition for commercials but took rejection so hard her mother began limiting her to film tryouts. She made her film debut at the age of 9, as John Ritter's daughter in the 1994 fantasy comedy, "North". Her performance in "Manny & Lo" garnered a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Lead Female, and positive reviews, one noting, "[the film] grows on you, largely because of the charm of ... Scarlett Johansson", while San Francisco Chronicle critic Mick LaSalle commentated on her "peaceful aura", and wrote, "If she can get through puberty with that aura undisturbed, she could become an important actress." 
She shifted to adult roles with her performances in "Girl with a Pearl Earring" (2003) and Sofia Coppola's "Lost in Translation" (2003), for which she won a BAFTA award for Best Actress in a Leading Role; both films earned her Golden Globe Award nominations as well.


As actress
  • North (1994)
  • Just Cause (1995)
  • If Lucy Fell (1996)
  • Manny & Lo (1996)
  • Fall (1997)
  • Home Alone 3 (1997)
  • The Horse Whisperer (1998)
  • My Brother the Pig (1999)
  • The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)
  • Ghost World (2001)
  • An American Rhapsody (2001)
  • Eight Legged Freaks (2002)
  • Lost in Translation (2003)
  • Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003)
  • The Perfect Score (2004)
  • A Love Song for Bobby Long (2004)
  • A Good Woman (2004)
  • The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004)
  • In Good Company (2004)
  • Match Point (2005)
  • The Island (2005)
  • Scoop (2006)
  • The Black Dahlia (2006)
  • The Prestige (2006)
  • The Nanny Diaries (2007)
  • The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)
  • Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
  • The Spirit (2008)
  • He's Just Not That Into You (2009)
  • Iron Man 2 (2010)
  • We Bought a Zoo (2011)
  • The Avengers (2012)
  • Hitchcock (2012)
  • Don Jon (2013)
  • Under the Skin (2013)
  • Her (2013)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  • Chef (2014)
  • Lucy (2014)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  • Hail, Caesar! (2016)
  • The Jungle Book (2016)
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  • Sing Ash (2016)
  • Ghost in the Shell (2017)
  • Rock That Body (2017)
  • Isle of Dogs (2018)


Quotations
* * *
It's nice to have a crush on someone. It feels like you're alive, you know?
* * *
If you feel glamorous, you definitely look glamorous.
* * *
One of the best things for a woman to hear is that she is sexy.
* * *
I definitely believe in plastic surgery. I don't want to be an old hag. There's no fun in that.
* * *
I value my privacy and my personal life - and I certainly don't exploit my personal life.
* * * 
LA's a very hard place to be unless you have people there that love you. It can be very, very lonely, and it can eat you up if you don't take care of yourself. In LA, nobody wants to talk to each other, everybody's giving each other catty looks.
* * *
I'm happiest when I have something to focus my energy on.
* * *
I've always been very determined, ever since I was a little girl, to make my way.
* * *
It's important for people to figure out their own lives before involving someone else - to gauge where you are and work on your own issues.
* * *
I'm not anxious to starve myself. For me, it's not at all sexy to be ultra-thin.
* * *
I have always... expected a lot from myself.
* * *
You think that your life is going to be one way, and then, for various reasons or whatever, it doesn't work out.
* * *
I went through this realization that acting, at its heart, is the ability to manipulate your own emotions.
* * *
I would never knowingly go into a film that I wouldn't pay to see, or something that didn't challenge me.
* * *
There's no such thing as an aura of mystery anymore. It doesn't exist. That's a thing of the past.
* * *
It's a required part of your film history to know who Woody is. His movies are so wonderful, and not just funny but so insightful about human behavior.
* * *
I never struggled with trying to figure out what it was I wanted to do or what made the sparks go for me.
* * *
These tabloid magazines - I think they're hideous and the downfall of society.
* * *
I'm not telling people where to give money, but if there is to be a spotlight shed on me, then I'd like to direct that spotlight onto causes I think are worthy or onto interesting, progressive figures.
* * *
I just adored working with Woody. He was more than I could have ever dreamed of. I'd do it a million times over.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment