Monday, June 1, 2015

Juno (2007)


"A comedy about growing up... and the bumps along the way."


Directed by Jason Reitman
Produced by Lianne Halfon, John Malkovich, Mason Novick, Russell Smith
Written by Diablo Cody
Starring: Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Allison Janney, J. K. Simmons
Music by Mateo Messina
Cinematography: Eric Steelberg
Edited by Dana E. Glauberman
Production companies: Mandate Pictures, Mr. Mudd
Distributed by Fox Searchlight Pictures
Release date: 25 December 2007 (Canada)
Running time: 96 minutes
Country: Canada, United States
Budget: $7 million
Box office: $231,411,584


"Juno" is a romantic comedy-drama film directed by Jason Reitman and written by Diablo Cody. The story is about a young girl whose unplanned pregnancy makes her regard an unborn child.


Cast
  • Ellen Page as Juno MacGuff
  • Michael Cera as Paulie Bleeker
  • Jennifer Garner as Vanessa Loring
  • Jason Bateman as Mark Loring
  • Allison Janney as Bren MacGuff
  • J. K. Simmons as Mac MacGuff
  • Olivia Thirlby as Leah
  • Candice Accola as Amanda
  • Rainn Wilson as Rollo


An interesting plot and an unconventional twist made me imperceptibly watch the movie till the end. And I want to say thank Jason Reitman who filmed such an excellent serious picture. 

Ellen Page acted as a main character whose story is key. Her performance turned out so wonderful  therefore it makes believe like the actress really came across that difficulty.


Advantages
  • Ellen Page as Juno MacGuff
  • The actual topic

Disadvantages
  • The weak-willed boy

"Strangenesses"
  • Why she didn't use contraception?

Clue Moments
  • Childbirth
  • Looking for parents


Pregnancy is a burden of care but if we talk about teenage pregnancy, everything becomes even more complicated. And that's difficult topic is brought up and quite good descanted in "Juno". Teenagers, in my opinion, can't be parents due to several reasons. Firstly, they're kids themselves who don't fully understand life (in good, natural part). Secondly, young people want to live for themselves for a start, become an identity. And thirdly, a baby is a primary task with which a person must be ready to cope.

However if you want to learn more about teenage pregnancy, click here.


Soundtracks
  1. Barry Louis Polisar - All I Want Is You
  2. Kimya Dawson - My Rollercoaster 
  3. The Kinks - A Well Respected Man
  4. Buddy Holly - Dearest
  5. Mateo Messina - Up The Spout
  6. Kimya Dawson - Tire Swing 
  7. Belle & Sebastian - Piazza, New York Catcher 
  8. Kimya Dawson  - Loose Lips
  9. Sonic Youth - Superstar
  10. Kimya Dawson - Sleep
  11. Belle & Sebastian - Expectations
  12. Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes
  13. Kimya Dawson - So Nice So Smart
  14. Cat Power - Sea Of Love
  15. Kimya Dawson & Antsy Pants - Tree Hugger
  16. The Velvet Underground - I`m Sticking With You
  17. The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You
  18. Antsy Pants - Vampire
  19. Michael Cera & Ellen Page - Anyone Else But You 


Quotations
* * *
Vanessa Loring: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno MacGuff: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?
* * *
Juno MacGuff: I think I'm in love with you.
Paulie Bleeker: You mean as friends?
Juno MacGuff: No... I mean for real. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...
Paulie Bleeker: I try really hard, actually.
* * *
Juno MacGuff: I'm just like losing my faith with humanity.
Mac MacGuff: Can you can narrow that down for me?
Juno MacGuff: I just wonder if like, two people can ever stay together for good.
Mac MacGuff: You mean like couples?
Juno MacGuff: Yeah, like people in love.
Mac MacGuff: Are you having boy troubles? Because I gotta be honest with you; I don't much approve of dating in your condition, 'cause well... that's kind of messed up.
* * *
Juno MacGuff: Hey, Dad.
Mac MacGuff: Hey, big puffy version of June bug. Where you been?
Juno MacGuff: Oh, just out dealing with things way beyond my maturity level.
* * *
Juno MacGuff: I'm going to really start looking like a dork soon. Will you still think I'm cute if I'm huge?
Paulie Bleeker: I always think you're cute. I think you're beautiful.
* * *
Vanessa Loring: What are you saying?
Mark Loring: That it feels a little like bad timing.
Vanessa Loring: What would be a good time for you, Mark?
Mark Loring: There's just some things that I still want to do.
Vanessa Loring: Like what? Be a rock star?
Mark Loring: Don't mock me.
Vanessa Loring: I'm just saying that this is - this is something that's never gonna happen. You know -Your shirt is stupid. Grow up. If I have to wait for you to become Kurt Cobain, I'm never gonna be a mother.
Mark Loring: I never said I'd be a good father.
* * *
Vanessa Loring: What's wrong? Why are you crying?
Juno MacGuff: I'm not crying, I'm just allergic to fine home furnishing.
* * *
Juno MacGuff: I need to know that it's possible that two people can stay happy together forever.
* * *
Juno MacGuff: [showing ultrasound photo] It's a baby. It's your baby. It kinda looks like it's waving, you know, like it's saying, "Hey Vanessa, will you be my mom?"
Vanessa Loring: Aww, it kind of does.
* * *
Mark Loring: Why does everyone think yellow is gender neutral? I never knew a guy with a yellow room.
* * *
Juno MacGuff: I am giving you the gift of life, screaming, pooping life, and you don't even have to be there when it comes out all covered in blood and guts.
* * *
Su-Chin: [protesting in front of the abortion clinic] All babies want to get borned! All babies want to get borned!
* * *
Bren: Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.
* * *
Mac MacGuff: I thought you were the kind of girl who knew when to say when.
Juno MacGuff: I don't know what kind of girl I am.
* * *
You may see the trailer here.


Plot: 8/10
Entertainment: 7/10
Acting: 7/10
Originality: 8/10
Music and Sound: 6/10

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment