Saturday, September 10, 2016

Carly Chaikin


Carly Hannah Chaikin

26 March 1990

An American actress. Carly went to The Archer School for Girls, a high school in Los Angeles. During this time she played a lot of sports; volleyball, softball, basketball, and soccer. She has known she wanted to be an actress since she was 11.
In 2009, Chaikin landed the role of Veronica in the film "The Consultants". Chaikin starred alongside Miley Cyrus in the film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' "The Last Song". She played the role of Blaze, the antagonist of the film who is a rebel that stirs up trouble for Ronnie, played by Cyrus.
In 2011, Chaikin was cast as Dalia Oprah Royce in the ABC sitcom "Suburgatory" alongside Jeremy Sisto and Cheryl Hines. Her performance received universal acclaim and she quickly became a fan favorite and her performance a popular highlight of the show. Chaikin wrote a series of articles as her character, Dalia, for the magazine, Parade. As her character, Dalia, she shot a music video called "You Missed A Spot."
In addition to acting, Chaikin is a writer and producer of short films, including "Happy F*cking Birthday", and "Nowhere to Go", which was honored at the First Glance Film Festival in 2013.
In 2014, Chaikin was cast in the USA Network TV series, "Mr. Robot". She plays the character Darlene, who is a programmer, is part of the fsociety group who writes malicious rootkit code. "Mr. Robot" has received widespread critical acclaim. Chaikin's performance has seen the same attention, with her performance being critically praised. Chaikin auditioned for the roles of both Angela and Darlene. She said that it was a great pilot and that the bad-ass nature of the character really appealed to her.


As actress
  • The Consultants (2009)
  • The Last Song (2010)
  • Escapee (2011)
  • Suburgatory (2011-2014)
  • Harder Than It Looks Katie (2012)
  • My Uncle Rafael (2012)
  • NTSF:SD:SUV:: (2012)
  • In a World... (2013)
  • Bad Blood (2015)
  • Maron (2015)
  • Mr. Robot (2015-...)


Quotations
* * *
I really love 'America's Next Top Model.' I'm always tweeting about it, and people are like, 'You need to get a life!' Any time I do a photo shoot, I always think, 'What would Tyra say?'
* * *
I couldn't be luckier to wake up every morning and be so excited to get to work, even if it's five in the morning.
* * *
I never have had blonde hair. I have never had straight hair. I never wear pink clothes or spray tan and I never wore heels to school.
* * *
'Mean Girls' is literally one of my favorite movies. It's just such a classic. Everybody has seen it, and me and my friends quote it all the time.
* * *
I have Bob Dylan lyrics on my ribs. I'm a diehard Dylan fan, and my dad and I joke that if I ever met him, I'd have him sign his name right under my tattoo and then I'd run to the parlor to get his signature tattooed.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment