Monday, June 22, 2015

Margot Robbie


Margot Elise Robbie

2 July 1990

An Australian actress. She studied drama at school, graduating from Somerset College in 2007. When Robbie was 17 years old, she moved to Melbourne to begin acting professionally.
Robbie has been acting professionally since 2007, when she starred in two feature films, "I.C.U." and "Vigilante". After impressing the director with her performance during an audition, she won the lead in "I.C.U." without an agent at the time. Robbie also acted in commercials and had guest roles in "The Elephant Princess" and "City Homicide" as Caitlin Brentford.
After arriving in Los Angeles for pilot season, Robbie auditioned for the new series of "Charlie's Angels". However, the producers at Sony Pictures Television preferred her for a role in ABC drama series "Pan Am" alongside Christina Ricci. Robbie landed the role of Laura Cameron, a newly trained flight attendant. "Pan Am" was cancelled after one season due to falling ratings, despite receiving positive reviews from critics.
In May 2012, Robbie joined the cast of Richard Curtis' romantic comedy, "About Time" alongside Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams and Bill Nighy. The film received positive reviews and grossed $87 million on its $12 million budget. In June 2012, it was announced that Robbie was in talks to appear in Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf of Wall Street" with Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill and Matthew McConaughey. "The Wolf of Wall Street" was released on 25 December 2013 to positive reviews and became a commercial success with a worldwide gross of $392 million making it Scorsese's highest grossing film.


As actress
  • Review with Myles Barlow (2008)
  • The Elephant Princess (2008)
  • City Homicide (2008)
  • Vigilante (2008)
  • Neighbours (2008-2011)
  • I.C.U. (2009)
  • Pan Am (2011-2012)
  • About Time (2013)
  • The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
  • Z for Zachariah Ann Burden (2015)
  • Focus (2015)
  • Top Gear (2015)
  • Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite (2015)
  • Suite française (2015)
  • The Big Short (2015)
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016)
  • The Legend of Tarzan (2016)
  • Suicide Squad (2016)
  • Terminal (2016)
  • Larrikins (2018)
  • Peter Rabbit (2018)
  • I, Tonya (2018)


Quotations
* * *
I'm not extravagant. I share my house in London with five roommates. I take the Tube. I intend to stay the exact same person I always was.
* * *
The '60s are my favorite decade - with the Cold War, the women's movement. And then there's the music, the fashion, the clothes, the hair.
* * *
People take such an interest in your love life when you have a profile; it puts a lot of stress on a relationship.
* * *
Certainly there's a huge appeal to the '60s, because it was such a big turning point to everyone. It was the era of change, the boiling point. People rebelled against things - the hippies, the feminists, the protesters. All these things just built up and boiled over. I think people can relate to that today.
* * *
I love flying so much. I even like airplane food. No one bothers you and your phone never goes off and you can't have emails go through. It's undisturbed.
* * *
I say this about everything: when I was on 'Neighbours,' I said, 'These are the best years of my life!' When I was filming 'The Wolf Of Wall Street,' I said, 'These are the best months of my life!' I always think I'm having the best time ever, and that I'll never have so much fun again.
* * *
When you look at movies, the lead girl is always gorgeous and thin. There is a stereotype that you need to look a certain way and when you get in the business you really feel the pressure.
* * *
A movie shoots six months for two hours of film.
* * *
Any time I have any time off, I try to travel.
* * *
I have to keep explaining to people that screen kissing isn't quite the same; it's close, but it isn't quite the same as a normal, real-life kiss.
* * *
I'd love them to have adorable little American accents, but I do want to bring my kids up in Australia; it's such a good lifestyle.
* * *
I've got big, big dreams for the future.
* * *
It's been helpful to have so many opportunities to look different so people stop pigeonholing you.
* * *
As much as I'd only like to concentrate on the creative side of acting, the whole business in general is just that - a business - and you have to do your homework if you want to be successful.
* * *
Being irrational and out of control is what happens in real life. Not cautiously choreographing your anger or your emotions, losing yourself in them is what happens in real life.
* * *
Obviously social media has had a massive impact on the fame game, but not in a positive way. But it can be for some.
* * *
Once people see you pulling off one role, they think you're a safe bet to do a similar role.
* * *
People ask me, 'How do you remember your lines?' That's nothing. That is the least of my concerns.
* * *
Playing a bad guy is always more fun than playing the good guy.
* * *
Someone told me that you could learn to sing, and that there are muscles that if you build, you will sing.
* * *
That's precisely what we do as actors: try to convince the audience we are somebody else. And if you can do that, you are really doing something.
* * *
There is something about being people from your home country in a different country. It bonds you together.
* * *
To do all your own stunts, you have to be so strong.
* * *
Chemistry is so important and so unpredictable. Sometimes you get in a room with someone where aesthetically you make perfect sense as a couple, and then you read, and you're both kind of sitting there like, 'This isn't working for some strange reason; it just doesn't really pop.'
* * *
'Everything happens for a reason' is something that we have to tell ourselves all the time, because it's good to have the idea that something good is around the corner.
* * *
I'd rather trust nine people and have the 10th one stab me in the back. I'd take that fall in order to have those nine friendships or working relationships instead of having none. That's not living.
* * *
It's almost impossible to get a movie all together when there are two main cast members, let alone an ensemble cast with everyone's schedules. It's crazy if it works out.
* * *
My jet lag is getting a bit ridiculous. But, you know, it's first-world problems. It's a wonderful problem, 'Oh I have to travel around the world; how awful.'
* * *
I still have my agent back in Australia keeping an eye on things there, and we are trying to find the right job which will bring me home to shoot.
* * *
I swear I'm not bossy in any other aspect of my life - it's just on set.
* * *
I won't take parts where the female character has no substance.
* * *
I'm definitely looking forward to doing a film one day with more female actors.
* * *
If people are talking about me, I want it to be because of the work I'm doing and not the person I'm seeing.
* * *
If there aren't roles you want to play, then you've kind of got to create them.
* * *
My mum is just the sweetest person on Earth, and if I turned into her, I wouldn't be that upset at all; in fact, it would be an honour.
* * *
I think, at the end of the day, age is just a number. It's like, in real life, I've got friends who are dating someone their age or dating someone who's twice their age, and they're equally in love.
* * *
Everyone's like, 'overnight sensation.' It's not overnight. It's years of hard work.
* * *
I have an irrational fear that I'm going to have a gruesome and untimely death because so many wonderful things are happening to me.
* * *
I have never been a cynical person.
* * *
I kind of feel like every time I do a film, it is me and an entire male ensemble cast.
* * *
I kind of left everyone behind in Australia - all my friends and my family and I had to break up with my boyfriend.
* * *
I made a conscious decision not to date actors.
* * *
The most frustrating thing is picking up a script and loving the roles in it except the female ones... It's really annoying and something I've striven to change in the industry.
* * *
The two things I've been told most often since my career took off - by taxi drivers, lifelong friends and everyone in between - have been, 'Don't ever change, Margot' and 'You can't do that anymore, Margot.'
* * *
There are things in life that don't come to me naturally, and social media and the Internet and all those things are some of them, somewhere between taxes and cooking!
* * *
When I first tried the American accent, for a moment I thought I could never be an actor because I just could not do it. But then I thought, 'Okay, it'll just be something that I work at until I get it.'
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment