Friday, December 12, 2014

Saoirse Ronan


Saoirse Úna Ronan 

12 April 1994


An Irish-American actress. Ronan was raised in County Carlow, Ireland, having moved there when she was three years old, and is a dual citizen of Ireland and the United States. She was home schooled while living in Carlow. As a baby, she sometimes accompanied her father on the set when he was working on such films as "The Devil's Own" and "Veronica Guerin". 
She came to international prominence in 2007 after co-starring as Briony Tallis in the film "Atonement" with James McAvoy and Keira Knightley, from which she received nominations for a BAFTA, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award, making her one of the youngest actresses to receive an Oscar nomination. 
Her film breakthrough was followed by her starring role in Peter Jackson's "The Lovely Bones" (2009) where she was awarded a Critics' Choice Award, a Saturn Award, and a second BAFTA Award nomination for Best Actress.


As actress


Quotations
* * *
All teenagers want to rebel a little and break away. But I think you are always going to want to go back to your parents for that safety they provide.
* * *
If you don't have eyebrows, you don't really have a face.
* * *
I know most of the photographers in Ireland. And if I don't want my photograph taken, they will leave me alone.
* * *
I think I do believe in the afterlife; I have heard stories from people who I can completely trust that have seen ghosts.
* * *
I think it's important that we have strong, female characters in movies now, which can really leave an impression on people - especially young people - and that they're not 'sexy' or 'cool.'
* * *
'Romeo And Juliet' is the classic love story. When two lovers are separated and trying to get back to one another, that's fiercely romantic and something you become glued to.
* * *
I love cleaning. I love mopping the floor. If you need your floor mopped, I'm there.
* * *
I'm Irish, so I'm messing all the time. Which means, I'm having a laugh. I'm always making jokes.
* * *
For me, clothes are about individuality. When I wear things that are different and it works, it makes me feel good.
* * *
I like books that are exciting and that make you think about things as well.
* * *
I like films where there's a relationship between two women. I always think that's lovely to watch on the screen.
* * *
I like to get far away from myself when I'm acting.
* * *
I've always wanted to act and I grew up a little on film sets when my dad was working as an actor.
* * *
I've basically grown up with Harry Potter, as so many kids my age have. It's kind of a part of my life.
* * *
I've grown up with my parents' music tastes, listening to Fleetwood Mac and the Rolling Stones.
* * *
The written word can be powerful and beautiful - but films transport us to another place in a way that even the most evocative words never can.
* * *
There's no one out there like Quentin Tarantino. His films have a signature look, and they never just stick to the same kind of story.
* * *
I'm a huge Wes Anderson fan. I literally love every single film. He hasn't made a bad film; I've seen every single one. They've all been brilliant, from 'Bottle Rocket' up to 'Moonrise Kingdom,' they've all been wonderful.
* * *
I don't mind doing the whole red carpet thing when I have to when it comes to publicizing a movie. But besides that, I don't like those kinds of things at all. Celebrity status is not really something that appeals to me.
* * *
I think 'Twilight' was such a phenomenon that it will be awhile before anything like that will happen again. Cause it really influenced pop culture, and the stars of it - well, the people who became stars out of it - their lives were completely changed.
* * *
Sometimes the director will want you to write about the character, sometimes he'll want you to live in the location that the character is from or something like that, but I don't usually make a lot of notes or anything like that.
* * *
I don't think you could get anything worse than losing a child. I think if my child died, I would prefer it if I were dead.
* * *
I think acting is something that is within you. It's a very natural thing for me. It comes from myself, really.
* * *
When I was younger, I was very athletic and I always loved sports and physical things.
* * *
One of the things that would steer me away from a franchise is that I'm playing the same character all the time and I wouldn't want to be known for that.
* * *
There are a lot of people who say, 'Yeah yeah, I'm a feminist,' and they're not, actually. I wouldn't want to throw that word around, because it's a very strong thing.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment