Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Back To The Future Part II (1989)


"Getting back was only the beginning."


Directed by Robert Zemeckis
Produced by Neil Canton, Bob Gale
Screenplay by Bob Gale
Story by Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale
Starring: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Thomas F. Wilson
Music by Alan Silvestri
Cinematography: Dean Cundey
Edited by Harry Keramidas, Arthur Schmidt
Production company: Amblin Entertainment
Distributed by Universal Pictures
Release date: 22 November 1989 (United States)
Running time: 108 minutes
Country: United States
Budget: $40 million (shared with Part III)
Box office: $332 million

"Back to the Future Part II" is a science-fiction adventure comedy film directed by Robert Zemeckis and written by Bob Gale. It's the sequel to "Back to the Future" and the second installment in the "Back to the Future" trilogy. The story is about Marty McFly who must repeat his visit to 1955 to prevent disastrous changes to 1985 after visiting 2015.


Cast
  • Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly, Marty, Jr., and Marlene McFly
  • Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown
  • Thomas F. Wilson as Biff Tannen and Griff Tannen
  • Lea Thompson as Lorraine Baines-McFly
  • Elisabeth Shue as Jennifer Parker
  • James Tolkan as Mr. Strickland
  • Jeffrey Weissman as George McFly
  • Crispin Glover as George McFly (archival footage)
  • Flea as Douglas J. Needles


The second part, in my opinion, turned out not as exciting as the previous one, however, it isn't a disaster: timelines are logical, turns are interesting, Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd are incomparable as usual. And of course, how can I not mention Robert Zemeckis' view of 2015?


Advantages
  • Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly
  • Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown
  • Lea Thompson as Lorraine Baines-McFly
  • Music
  • Robert Zemeckis
  • Logical timelines

Disadvantages
  • Thomas F. Wilson as Biff Tannen
  • Some scenes are overacted

"Strangenesses"
  • Time travelling

Clue Moments
  • Grays Sports Almanac
  • The chaotic dystopia
  • 2015
  • Griff Tannen
  • The hoverboard chase


Soundtracks
  1. Alan Silvestri - Main Title
  2. Alan Silvestri - The Future
  3. Alan Silvestri - Hoverboard Chase
  4. Alan Silvestri - A Flying DeLorean
  5. Alan Silvestri - My Father
  6. Alan Silvestri - Alternate 1985
  7. Alan Silvestri - If They Ever Did
  8. Alan Silvestri - Pair O' Docs
  9. Alan Silvestri - The Book
  10. Alan Silvestri - Tunnel Chase
  11. Alan Silvestri - Burn The Book
  12. Alan Silvestri - Western Union
  13. Alan Silvestri - End Title


Quotations
* * *
Doc: Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
* * *
Doc: The time-traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!
* * *
Marty McFly: Where are we? When are we?
Doc: We're descending toward Hill Valley, California, at 4:29 pm, on Wednesday, October 21st, 2015.
Marty McFly: 2015? You mean we're in the future?
Jennifer: Future? Marty, what do you mean? How can we be in the future?
Marty McFly: Uh, Jennifer, um, I don't know how to tell you this, but I... you're in a time machine.
Jennifer: And this is the year '2015'?
Doc: October 21st, 2015.
* * *
Marty McFly: 'Cubs win world series... against Miami'?
Old Terry: Yeah, it's something, huh? Who would've thought? 100 to 1 shot! I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubs.
Marty McFly: I just meant that Miami- What did you just say?
Old Terry: I said I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubbies!
* * *
Western Union Man: Kid, you all right? You need any help?
Marty McFly: There's only one man who can help me.
* * *
Marty McFly: [seeing a holographic ad for "Jaws 19"] Shark still looks fake.
* * *
[Jennifers from two different times confront one another]
Young Jennifer: I'm old!
Old Jennifer: I'm young!
* * *
Doc: Marty! What in the name of Sir Isaac H. Newton happened here?
* * *
Lorraine Baines: Biff Tannen, I wouldn't be your girl even if - even if you had a million dollars.
* * *
Young Biff: Manure! I hate manure!
* * *
Marty McFly: Tell me about my future. I know I make it big, but do I become, like, a rich rock star?
Doc: Please Marty. No one should know too much about their destiny.
* * *
Marty McFly, Jr.: [re: the tiny pizza from Pizza Hut] Grandma, when it's ready, could you just shove it in my mouth?
Middle-Aged Marty: Don't you be a smart-ass!
* * *
Marty McFly, Jr.: [to the TV] Art off. OK, I want channels 18, 24, 63, 109, 87 and the weather channel.
* * *
Griff Tannen: Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
* * *
Marty McFly: Nobody calls me chicken.
* * *
You may see the trailer here.


Plot: 7/10
Entertainment: 8/10
Acting: 7/10
Originality: 7/10
Music and Sound: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment