Sunday, September 20, 2015

AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movie Quotes (2005)



AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movie Quotes


1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." -
Clark Gable as Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind) 1939


2. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." -
Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone (The Godfather) 1972


3. "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." -
Marlon Brando as Terry Malloy (On the Waterfront) 1954


4. "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." -
Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale (The Wizard of Oz) 1939


5. "Here's looking at you, kid." -
Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine (Casablanca) 1942


6. "Go ahead, make my day." -
Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan (Sudden Impact) 1983


7. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up." -
Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond (Sunset Boulevard) 1950


8. "May the Force be with you." -
Harrison Ford as Han Solo (Star Wars) 1977


9. "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." -
Bette Davis as Margo Channing (All About Eve) 1950


10. "You talkin' to me?" -
Robert De Niro as Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver) 1976


11. "What we've got here is failure to communicate." -
Strother Martin as Captain (Cool Hand Luke) 1967


12. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." -
Robert Duvall as Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore (Apocalypse Now) 1979


13. "Love means never having to say you're sorry." -
Ali MacGraw as Jennifer Cavilleri Barrett (Love Story) 1970


14. "The stuff that dreams are made of." -
Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade (The Maltese Falcon) 1941


15. "E.T. phone home." -
Pat Welsh as E.T. (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial) 1982


16. "They call me Mister Tibbs!" -
Sidney Poitier as Virgil Tibbs (In the Heat of the Night) 1967


17. "Rosebud." -
Orson Welles as Charles Foster Kane (Citizen Kane) 1941


18. "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" -
James Cagney as Arthur "Cody" Jarrett (White Heat) 1949


19. "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" -
Peter Finch as Howard Beale (Network) 1976


20. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." -
Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine (Casablanca) 1942


21. "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." -
Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs) 1991


22. "Bond. James Bond." -
Sean Connery as James Bond (Dr. No) 1962


23. "There's no place like home." -
Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale (The Wizard of Oz) 1939


24. "I am big! It's the pictures that got small." -
Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond (Sunset Boulevard) 1950


25. "Show me the money!" -
Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Rod Tidwell (Jerry Maguire) 1996


26. "Why don't you come up sometime and see me?" -
Mae West as Lady Lou (She Done Him Wrong) 1933


27. "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!" -
Dustin Hoffman as "Ratso" Rizzo (Midnight Cowboy) 1969


28. "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By." -
Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa Lund (Casablanca) 1942


29. "You can't handle the truth!" -
Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan R. Jessup (A Few Good Men) 1992


30. "I want to be alone." -
Greta Garbo as Grusinskaya (Grand Hotel) 1932


31. "After all, tomorrow is another day!" -
Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind) 1939


32. "Round up the usual suspects." -
Claude Rains as Capt. Louis Renault (Casablanca) 1942


33. "I'll have what she's having." -
Estelle Reiner as Customer (When Harry Met Sally...) 1989


34. "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." -
Lauren Bacall as Marie "Slim" Browning (To Have and Have Not) 1944


35. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." -
Roy Scheider as Martin Brody (Jaws) 1975


36. "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!" -
Alfonso Bedoya as "Gold Hat" (The Treasure of the Sierra Madre) 1948


37. "I'll be back." -
Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator (The Terminator) 1984


38. "Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." -
Gary Cooper as Lou Gehrig (The Pride of the Yankees) 1942


39. "If you build it, he will come." -
Ray Liotta (voice) as Shoeless Joe Jackson (Field of Dreams) 1989


40. "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." -
Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump) 1994


41. "We rob banks." -
Warren Beatty as Clyde Barrow (Bonnie and Clyde) 1967


42. "Plastics." -
Walter Brooke as Mr. Maguire (The Graduate) 1967


43. "We'll always have Paris."
Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine (Casablanca) 1942


44. "I see dead people." -
Haley Joel Osment as Cole Sear (The Sixth Sense) 1999


45. "Stella! Hey, Stella!" -
Marlon Brando as Stanley Kowalski (A Streetcar Named Desire) 1951


46. "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars." -
Bette Davis as Charlotte Vale (Now, Voyager) 1942


47. "Shane. Shane. Come back!" -
Brandon De Wilde as Joey Starrett (Shane) 1953


48. "Well, nobody's perfect." -
Joe E. Brown as Osgood Fielding III (Some Like It Hot) 1959


49. "It's alive! It's alive!" -
Colin Clive as Henry Frankenstein (Frankenstein) 1931


50. "Houston, we have a problem." -
Tom Hanks as Jim Lovell (Apollo 13) 1995


51. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" -
Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry) 1971


52. "You had me at 'hello." -
Renée Zellweger as Dorothy Boyd (Jerry Maguire) 1996


53. "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know." -
Groucho Marx as Capt. Geoffrey T. Spaulding (Animal Crackers) 1930


54. "There's no crying in baseball!"
Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan (A League of Their Own) 1992


55. "La-dee-da, la-dee-da." -
Diane Keaton as Annie Hall (Annie Hall) 1977


56. "A boy's best friend is his mother." -
Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates (Psycho) 1960


57. "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good." -
Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko (Wall Street) 1987


58. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." -
Al Pacino as Michael Corleone (The Godfather Part II) 1974


59. "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again." -
Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind) 1939


60. "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" -
Oliver Hardy as Oliver (Sons of the Desert) 1933


61. "Say 'hello' to my little friend!" -
Al Pacino as Tony Montana (Scarface) 1983


62. "What a dump." -
Bette Davis as Rosa Moline (Beyond the Forest) 1949


63. "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" -
Dustin Hoffman as Benjamin Braddock (The Graduate) 1967


64. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" -
Peter Sellers as President Merkin Muffley (Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb) 1964


65. "Elementary, my dear Watson." -
Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes) 1939


66. "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape." -
Charlton Heston as George Taylor (Planet of the Apes) 1968


67. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." -
Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine (Casablanca) 1942


68. "Here's Johnny!" -
Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance (The Shining) 1980


69. "They're here!" -
Heather O'Rourke as Carol Anne Freeling (Poltergeist) 1982


70. "Is it safe?"
Laurence Olivier as Dr. Christian Szell (Marathon Man) 1976


71. "Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet!" -
Al Jolson as Jakie Rabinowitz/Jack Robin (The Jazz Singer) 1927


72. "No wire hangers, ever!" -
Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford (Mommie Dearest) 1981


73. "Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?" -
Edward G. Robinson as Cesare Enrico "Rico" Bandello (Little Caesar) 1931


74. "Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown." -
Joe Mantell as Lawrence Walsh (Chinatown) 1974


75. "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." -
Vivien Leigh as Blanche DuBois (A Streetcar Named Desire) 1951


76. "Hasta la vista, baby."
Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator  (Terminator 2: Judgment Day) 1991


77. "Soylent Green is people!"
Charlton Heston as Det. Robert Thorn (Soylent Green) 1973


78. "Open the pod bay doors please, HAL."
Keir Dullea as Dave Bowman (2001: A Space Odyssey) 1968


79. Striker: "Surely you can't be serious." Rumack: "I am serious...and don't call me Shirley." -
Robert Hays and Leslie Nielsen as Ted Striker and Dr. Rumack (Airplane!) 1980


80. "Yo, Adrian!" -
Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa (Rocky) 1976


81. "Hello, gorgeous." -
Barbra Streisand as Fanny Brice (Funny Girl) 1968


82. "Toga! Toga!" -
John Belushi as John "Bluto" Blutarsky (National Lampoon's Animal House) 1978


83. "Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make." -
Bela Lugosi as Count Dracula (Dracula) 1931


84. "Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast." -
Robert Armstrong as Carl Denham (King Kong) 1933


85. "My precious." -
Andy Serkis as Gollum (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers) 2002


86. "Attica! Attica!" -
Al Pacino as Sonny Wortzik (Dog Day Afternoon) 1975


87. "Sawyer, you're going out a youngster, but you've got to come back a star!" -
Warner Baxter as Julian Marsh (42nd Street) 1933


88. "Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go, go!" -
Katharine Hepburn as Ethel Thayer (On Golden Pond) 1981


89. "Tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper." -
Pat O'Brien as Knute Rockne (Knute Rockne, All American) 1940


90. "A martini. Shaken, not stirred." -
Sean Connery as James Bond (Goldfinger) 1964


91. "Who's on first?" -
Bud Abbott as Dexter (The Naughty Nineties) 1945


92. "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" -
Bill Murray as Carl Spackler (Caddyshack) 1980


93. "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -
Rosalind Russell as Mame Dennis  (Auntie Mame) 1958


94. "I feel the need—the need for speed!" -
Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards as Lt. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell and Lt. Nick "Goose" Bradshaw (Top Gun) 1986


95. "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." -
Robin Williams as John Keating (Dead Poets Society) 1989


96. "Snap out of it!" -
Cher as Loretta Castorini (Moonstruck) 1987


97. "My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you." -
James Cagney as George M. Cohan (Yankee Doodle Dandy) 1942


98. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." -
Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle (Dirty Dancing) 1987


99. "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!" -
Margaret Hamilton as Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz) 1939


100. "I'm the king of the world!" -
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson (Titanic) 1997


No comments:

Post a Comment