Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)


"Dark Secrets Revealed"


Directed by David Yates
Produced by David Heyman, David Barron
Screenplay by Steve Kloves
Based on "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" by J. K. Rowling
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson
Music by Nicholas Hooper
Cinematography: Bruno Delbonnel
Edited by Mark Day
Production company: Heyday Films
Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures
Release date: 15 July 2009 (United Kingdom)
Running time: 153 minutes
Country: United Kingdom, United States
Budget: $250 million
Box office: $934.4 million


"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is a fantasy adventure film directed by David Yates and based on the novel of the same name by J. K. Rowling. This is the sixth instalment in the "Harry Potter" film series which follows Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts as he becomes obsessed with a mysterious textbook, falls in love, and attempts to retrieve a memory that holds the key to Lord Voldemort's downfall.


Cast
  • Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
  • Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
  • Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
  • Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange
  • Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn
  • Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid
  • Warwick Davis as Filius Flitwick
  • Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
  • Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore
  • Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
  • Maggie Smith as Minerva McGonagall
  • Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew
  • David Thewlis as Remus Lupin
  • Julie Walters as Molly Weasley


Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman and Maggie Smith's acting are on the high level as always. It's important to mention that in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" there's finally attention to Draco's character: Tom Felton plays his role quite earnestly so it's easy to see something more than just a bully.

From this part the story starts to become darker and darker: a viewer almost doesn't see bright colours, only gloomy ones. And the events are matched with them - everything is surrounded by death.


Advantages
  • Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
  • Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
  • Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
  • Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
  • Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
  • Music
  • The story
  • Dark and mystic
  • Magic

Disadvantages
  • A little bit too long

"Strangenesses"
  • When magic was normal?

Clue Moments
  • Death of Dumbledore
  • The role of Draco
  • Hermione is jealous of Ron
  • Severus Snape's Unbreakable Vow


Soundtracks
  • Nicholas Hooper - Opening
  • Nicholas Hooper - In Noctem
  • Nicholas Hooper - The Story Begins
  • Nicholas Hooper - Ginny
  • Nicholas Hooper - Snape & The Unbreakable Vow
  • Nicholas Hooper - Wizard Wheezes
  • Nicholas Hooper - Dumbledore's Speech
  • Nicholas Hooper - Living Death
  • Nicholas Hooper - Into The Pensieve
  • Nicholas Hooper - The Book
  • Nicholas Hooper - Ron's Victory
  • Nicholas Hooper - Harry & Hermione
  • Nicholas Hooper - School
  • Nicholas Hooper - Malfoy's Mission
  • Nicholas Hooper - The Slug Party
  • Nicholas Hooper - Into The Rushes
  • Nicholas Hooper - Farewell Aragog
  • Nicholas Hooper - Dumbledore's Foreboding
  • Nicholas Hooper - Of Love & War
  • Nicholas Hooper - When Ginny Kissed Harry
  • Nicholas Hooper - Slughorn's Confession
  • Nicholas Hooper - Journey To The Cave
  • Nicholas Hooper - The Drink Of Despair
  • Nicholas Hooper - Inferi In The Firestorm
  • Nicholas Hooper - The Killing Of Dumbledore
  • Nicholas Hooper - Dumbledore's Farewell
  • Nicholas Hooper - The Friends
  • Nicholas Hooper - The Weasley Stomp


Quotations
* * *
Professor Minerva McGonagall: [to Harry, Ron, & Hermione] Why is it, when something happens, it is always you three?
Ron Weasley: Believe me, Professor. I've been asking myself the same question for six years.
* * *
Rubeus Hagrid: Seriously misunderstood creatures, spiders are. It's the eyes, I reckon, they unnerve some folk.
Harry Potter: Not to mention the pincers...
[clicks his tongue while miming pincers biting]
* * *
Ron Weasley: [about Ginny and Dean] What do you think he sees in her?
Harry Potter: She's smart... funny... attractive...
Ron Weasley: Attractive?
Harry Potter: Well you know... she has nice... skin.
Ron Weasley: So you think he is going out with her because she has nice skin?
Harry Potter: Well, I dunno, I'm just saying it could be a contributing factor.
Ron Weasley: Hermione's got nice skin. You know, as far as skin goes.
Harry Potter: I-I've never thought about it before. But now that you mention it, yeah. Very nice.
Harry Potter: [long pause] ... I think I'll be going to bed now.
* * *
Ron Weasley: How much are these?
Fred Weasley, George Weasley: 5 galleons.
Ron Weasley: How much for me?
Fred Weasley, George Weasley: 5 galleons.
Ron Weasley: I'm your brother!
Fred Weasley, George Weasley: 10 galleons.
* * *
Ron Weasley: You heard Snape say he's made an Unbreakable Vow?
Harry Potter: Yes. What does it mean?
Ron Weasley: Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow!
Harry Potter: [sarcastic] I worked that much out for myself, funny enough.
* * *
Luna Lovegood: I've never been to this part of the castle. Well, not awake. I sleepwalk, you see. That's why I wear shoes to bed.
* * *
Albus Dumbledore: [talking about Tom Riddle in the Great Hall] Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls.
[pause]
Albus Dumbledore: But in the end, their greatest weapon... is you.
* * *
Katie Bell: I know you're going to ask me Harry, but I don't know who cursed me. I've been trying to remember, honestly. But I just can't.
* * *
Harry Potter: I never noticed how beautiful this place is.
* * *
Severus Snape: Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this anymore?
Albus Dumbledore: Whether it has or it hasn't is irrelevant; you gave me your word.
* * *
Harry Potter: I'm not coming back Hermione. I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started, and I don't know where that'll lead me, but I'll let you and Ron know where I am when I can.
Hermione Granger: I've always admired your courage Harry, but sometimes you can be really thick. You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those horcruxes by yourself do you? You need us Harry.
* * *
Albus Dumbledore: Severus... please..
Severus Snape: [Pointing his wand at Dumbledore] Avada Kedavra!
[Light shoots out of his wand, killing Dumbledore]
* * *
Hermione Granger: You have to realize who you are, Harry.
* * *
You may see the trailer here.


Plot: 8/10
Entertainment: 9/10
Acting: 8/10
Originality: 9/10
Music and Sound: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment