Friday, July 10, 2015

Marion Cotillard


Marion Cotillard 

30 September 1975

A French actress and singer-songwriter. After small appearances and performances in theater, Cotillard had occasional, minor roles in television series such as "Highlander" - where she had her first English-speaking role at age 17, appearing as Lori Bellian in the episode "Nowhere to Run", she also had an uncredited role in the episode "Saving Grace", in which she appeared giving birth in one scene. But her career as a film actress began in the mid-1990s with small but noticeable roles in films like "L' Histoire du garçon qui voulait qu'on l'embrasse", Arnaud Desplechin's "My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument" and the comedy "La Belle Verte" directed by Coline Serreau.
Cotillard was chosen by director Olivier Dahan to portray the French singer Édith Piaf in the biopic "La Vie en Rose" before he had even met her, saying that he noticed a similarity between Piaf's and Cotillard's eyes. Producer Alain Goldman accepted and defended the choice even though distributors TFM reduced the money they gave to finance the film thinking Cotillard wasn't "bankable" enough an actress. Her portrayal was widely praised, including by the eminent theatre director Sir Trevor Nunn, who described it as "one of the greatest performances on film ever." At the Berlin International Film Festival, where the film premiered, Cotillard was given a 15-minute standing ovation. It was dubbed "the most awaited film of 2007" in France, where some critics said that she had reincarnated Édith Piaf to sing one last time on stage.


As actress
  • Intériorité (1993)
  • L' Histoire du garçon qui voulait qu'on l'embrasse (1994)
  • Snuff Movie (1995)
  • Insalata Mista (1996)
  • My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument (1996)
  • Chloé (1996)
  • La Belle Verte (1996)
  • La Mouette (1996)
  • Affaire classée (1997)
  • La sentence (1997)
  • Taxi (1998)
  • Interdit de vieillir (1998)
  • La surface de réparation (1998)
  • War in the Highlands (1999)
  • Furia (1999)
  • L'appel de la cave (1999)
  • 1999 Blue Away to America Solange aka Du bleu jusqu'en Amérique
  • Taxi 2 (2000)
  • Quelques jours de trop (2000)
  • Le marquis (2000)
  • Lisa (2001)
  • Une femme piégée (2001)
  • Pretty Things (2001)
  • Heureuse (2001)
  • Boomer (2001)
  • A Private Affair (2002)
  • Taxi 3 (2003)
  • Love Me If You Dare (2003)
  • Big Fish (2003)
  • Innocence (2004)
  • A Very Long Engagement (2004)
  • Cavalcade (2005) 
  • Love Is in the Air (2005)
  • Mary (2005)
  • Burnt Out (2005)
  • The Black Box (2005)
  • Edy (2005)
  • Toi et moi (2006)
  • Dikkenek (2006)
  • Fair Play (2006)
  • A Good Year (2006)
  • Happy Feet (2006)
  • La Vie en Rose (2007)
  • Lady Noire Affair (2008)
  • Public Enemies (2009)
  • The Last Flight (2009)
  • Nine (2009)
  • OceanWorld 3D (2009)
  • Lady Rouge (2010)
  • Lady Blue Shanghai (2010)
  • Inception (2010)
  • Little White Lies (2010)
  • Lady Grey London (2011)
  • Midnight in Paris (2011)
  • Contagion (2011)
  • L.A.dy Dior(2011)
  • Rust and Bone (2012)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
  • The Immigrant (2013)
  • Blood Ties (2013)
  • Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)
  • Terre des Ours (2014)
  • Two Days, One Night (2014)
  • The Little Prince (2015)
  • Macbeth (2015)
  • April and the Twisted World (2015)
  • Minions (2015)
  • Unity (2015)
  • It's Only the End of the World (2016)
  • From the Land of the Moon (2016)
  • Allied (2016)
  • Assassin's Creed (2016)
  • Rock'n Roll (2017)
  • Ismael's Ghosts (2017)


Quotations
* * *
When you see yourself on video, you and your friends spending time on vacation, and they take a video, and then you see it, it's really disturbing.
* * *
I would love to go into an animal's dream - like a lion's or a cat's. I'm sure that's pretty awesome.
* * *
I am not very good at expressing myself in a simple way so it can create misunderstandings and I hate that.
* * *
I have a tendency to often share the point of view of the conspiracy theory.
* * *
I don't think you learn how to act. You learn how to use your emotions and feelings.
* * *
Respect the place you live, be aware of the impact that you have on things.
* * *
If you search and search and stop searching, then ultimately you'll find what you need. It is the experience of living.
* * *
It's pretty refreshing to be in a situation where the spotlight is on someone else.
* * *
My parents always told me that if you want something, you can do whatever you have to do to get it. As long as it's not against someone else.
* * *
You can't work all your life.
* * *
As a teenager, I didn't want to be me; I wanted to be many different people. Maybe I realized that they all lived inside me and that if I managed to connect with them, they would become aspects of me.
* * *
As an actress I just want to tell beautiful stories.
* * *
I think that emotion and good stories can cross the times.
* * *
I think the Earth and everything around it is connected - the sky and the planets and the stars and everything else we see as a mystery.
* * *
My parents definitely sparked something in me. I'm sure of it. I saw how happy and fulfilled they were, and I knew I wanted the same job.
* * *
What I like in this job is you can travel to many places, many imaginations.
* * *
When a script moves me, I find that I immediately understand a character. Of course not completely, but I do understand.
* **
It's a paradox to be an actress, living in the city, taking planes all the time, trying to find the right balance in this life, which is not so eco-friendly, and still try to respect the environment.
* * *
Every story is different, every movie is different, every director is different.
* * *
You don't really see yourself doing things, of course, but you feel.
 * * *
You have to find the place where you abandon everything of yourself. Then you can let something else happen.
 * * *
An artist is maybe not always having a normal life.
 * * *
I don't live with my role, I'm a really normal person.
* * *
I was shy. I was more than shy.
 * * *
I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to work with some directors and some actors I wouldn't have dared to think I would work with one day.
* * *
I'm always very scared when I start a movie because I never know if I'm going to be able to do a good job or do a very bad job.
 * * *
I find it easier to play someone who is so far from me because you create someone - you build this person based on the story and the script, with the director.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment