Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sam Riley


Sam Riley

8 January 1980

An English actor and singer. He was educated at Malsis School, Cross Hills, and at Uppingham School. Sam Riley was turned down by both the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
His breakthrough performance came when he played the role of Ian Curtis in the film "Control", a biopic about the lead singer of the 1970s post-punk band Joy Division. The film received high critical acclaim due in no small part to Riley's performance, which won him a selection of awards including the British Independent Film Award for "Most Promising Newcomer" a BAFTA "Rising Star" nomination; and a Mark Kermode nod for Best Actor 2007.


As actor


Quotations

* * *
We panic if there's two centimeters of snow in London.
* * *
I'd been told I was going to be the next big thing. But in actual fact, the complete opposite happened.
* * *
I'm an actor, of course, so I like to show off.
* * *
I've no interest in going on a road trip. If I want to go on holiday, I want to sit on a beach, swim, drink cocktails and read a book.
* * *
As an actor, I still don't really know exactly what I am doing most of the time.
* * *
I learned to stop looking on the Internet pretty early on.
* * *
I'm Angelina Jolie's sidekick in 'Maleficent'. It's cool.
* * *
I was one of the only ones there interested in acting. You find when you're doing school plays that a lot of people there were on punishment, or something.
* * *
'On the Road' is another one of those, a film in which the audience has a very clear idea of who they think your character is, so you know you are asking for it. But that's the challenge.
* * *
Part of what makes your performances more convincing is that your own image isn't getting in the way. And the more you can keep it like that, the better for your work and your state of mind.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment