Tuesday, December 2, 2014

James Wan


James Wan

27 February 1977


A Malaysian-born Australian film producer, screenwriter and film director.
He attended the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology along with close friend Leigh Whannell.
 

As director, producer, writer


Quotations
* * *
We think craft is important, and the irony has always been that horror may be disregarded by critics, but often they are the best-made movies you're going to find in terms of craft. You can't scare people if they see the seams.
* * *
For me and my films, I want my audience to experience cinema in its full glory. It's not just visual, it's audio as well. It's emotional, and I want you to be engaged with not just the scene but with the characters.
* * *
For me, the sound design and the musical score is a big part of what makes scary movies work.
* * *
Not many people realize this, but I'm a really squeamish guy. When I watch other horror films that are really over-the-top with their blood and guts, I cannot watch it.
* * *
I'm a big movie fan, and I want to make movies in every genre. I want to make my romantic comedy one day.
* * *
Whether it's a popcorn movie or some really intellectual sociopolitical movie, I think to some degree they're all influenced by the social climate that we're living in.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment