Saturday, December 26, 2015

Star Wars. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)


"The saga is complete."


Directed by George Lucas
Produced by Rick McCallum
Written by George Lucas
Starring: Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Lee, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Frank Oz
Music by John Williams
Cinematography: David Tattersall
Edited by Roger Barton, Ben Burtt
Production company: Lucasfilm
Distributed by 20th Century Fox1
Release dates: 18 May 2005 (France)
Running time: 140 minutes
Country: United States
Budget: $113 million
Box office: $848.8 million

"Star Wars. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" is an action adventure fantasy film written and directed by George Lucas. It's the third and final installment of the "Star Wars" prequel trilogy and it tells the story of Anakin Skywalker who struggles to choose the dark side and save his wife or remain loyal to the Jedi order.


Cast
  • Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Natalie Portman as Padmé Amidala
  • Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader
  • Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine
  • Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu
  • Christopher Lee as Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus
  • Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
  • Kenny Baker as R2-D2
  • Frank Oz as Yoda


In my opinion, that's the best part of the prequel trilogy: General Grievous, Palpatine, Luke, Leia... and finally Darth Vader's coming-to-be. Special effects, music - they're on the high level in contrast to pretty naive acting of Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen, no matter how disappointing it sounds.


Advantages
  • Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Christopher Lee as Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus
  • Frank Oz as Yoda
  • Music
  • Darth Vader!
  • Special effects

Disadvantages
  • Natalie Portman as Padmé Amidala
  • Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader

"Strangenesses"
  • Why did Anakin believe Palpatine?

Clue Moments
  • Coruscant 
  • The rescue of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine 
  • Dooku's death 
  • General Grievous 
  • Anakin's premonitions of Padmé dying in childbirth 
  • Sith Lord Darth Sidious 
  • Anakin's report to Mace Windu 
  • Mace Windu's death 
  • Order 66 
  • The Jedi Temple 
  • The dark side 
  • Padmé's betrayal 
  • Obi-Wan and Anakin's battle 
  • The molten lava 
  • Birth of Like and Leia 
  • Padmé's death 
  • Darth Vader 
  • The first Death Star 
  • Alderaan 
  • Tatooine


Opening Crawl

"War! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor...."


Soundtracks
  1. John Williams - Star Wars and The Revenge of the Sith
  2. John Williams - Anakin's Dream
  3. John Williams - Battle of the Heroes
  4. John Williams - Anakin's Betrayal
  5. John Williams - General Grievous
  6. John Williams - Palpatine's Teachings
  7. John Williams - Grievous and the Droids
  8. John Williams - Padme's Ruminations
  9. John Williams - Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
  10. John Williams - Anakin's Dark Deeds
  11. John Williams - Enter Lord Vader
  12. John Williams - The Immolation Scene
  13. John Williams - Grievous speaks to Lord Sisious
  14. John Williams - The birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny
  15. John Williams - A new Hope and End Credits


Quotations
* * *
Obi-Wan: You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness.
Anakin Skywalker: [shouts] I hate you.
Obi-Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.
* * *
Obi-Wan: It's over Anakin, I have the high ground.
Anakin Skywalker: You underestimate my power!
Obi-Wan: Don't try it.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: Obi-Wan, may the force be with you.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Goodbye old friend. May the force be with you.
* * *
Yoda: Premonitions, premonitions. These visions you have...
Anakin Skywalker: They are of pain, suffering. Death.
Yoda: Yourself you speak of, or someone you know?
Anakin Skywalker: Someone.
Yoda: Close to you?
Anakin Skywalker: Yes.
Yoda: Careful you must be when sensing the future Anakin. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
Anakin Skywalker: I won't let these visions come true, Master Yoda.
Yoda: Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is.
Anakin Skywalker: What must I do, Master Yoda?
Yoda: Train yourself to let go... of everything you fear to lose.
* * *
Padmé: So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: You turned her against me!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: You have done that yourself.
Anakin Skywalker: You will not take her from me!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your anger and lust for power have already done that.
* * *
Obi-Wan: I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you.
Anakin Skywalker: I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over. Chancellor Palpatine has showed me the true ways of the Force.
Obi-Wan: Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil! The Sith are evil. The Dark Side of the Force is an evil presense.
Anakin Skywalker: From my point of view, it is the Jedi who are evil.
Obi-Wan: Well, then you really are lost!
Anakin Skywalker: [raises his lightsaber] This is the end for you... my former master.
* * *
Darth Sidious: I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend. At last, the Jedi are no more.
Yoda: Not if anything to say about it I have!
[Yoda force flings Darth Sidious across the room and across his desk]
Yoda: At an end your rule is, and not short enough was it.
[in a panic, Darth Sidious leaps towards the door. But Yoda leaps up and blocks his way]
Yoda: [ignites his lightsaber] If so powerful you are... why leave?
Darth Sidious: [ignites his lightsaber] You will not stop me! Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!
Yoda: Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be. As is your faith in the dark side of the Force.
* * *
Senator Amidala: I'm not going to die in childbirth, Anakin. I promise you.
Anakin Skywalker: No, I promise you.
* * *
Supreme Chancellor: I know what's been troubling you. Listen to me. Don't continue to a be a pawn of the Jedi Council! Ever since I've known you, you have been seeking a life of great significance, far more than any Jedi.
[turns his back on Anakin]
Supreme Chancellor: Are you going to kill me?
Anakin Skywalker: I would certainly like to!
Supreme Chancellor: I know you would. I can feel your anger. It give you focus... makes you stronger.
* * *
Supreme Chancellor: Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to use the Dark Side of the Force and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.
Anakin Skywalker: What did you say? How do you know that...?
Supreme Chancellor: Use my knowledge, I beg you.
Anakin Skywalker: [igniting his lightsaber] You're the Sith Lord!
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: Master Windu, I must speak with you.
Mace Windu: Not now, Skywalker. We have just received word that Obi-Wan has destroyed General Grievous. We're on our way to make sure the Chancellor returns emergency powers back to the Senate.
Anakin Skywalker: He won't give up his power. I just learned the terrible truth. I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord.
Mace Windu: [suprised] A Sith Lord?
Anakin Skywalker: Yes, the one we've been looking for.
Mace Windu: How do you know this?
Anakin Skywalker: He knows the ways of the Force. He's been trained to use the Dark Side.
Mace Windu: Are you sure?
Anakin Skywalker: Absolutely.
Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: You are so... beautiful.
Padmé: It's only because I'm so in love.
Anakin Skywalker: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
Padmé: So love has blinded you?
Anakin Skywalker: [laughs] Well, that's not exactly what I meant.
Padmé: But it's probably true.
* * *
Yoda: Good relations with the Wookies, I have.
* * *
The Emperor: [to Darth Vader] Every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan, is now an enemy of the Republic. Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: I'm going there to end this war. Wait for me until I return. Thing's will be different, I promise. Please wait for me.
* * *
Count Dooku: I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: Are you all right? You're trembling. What's going on?
Padmé: Something wonderful has happened. Ani, I'm pregnant.
* * *
Darth Sidious: The end of the war is near.
General Grievous: But the loss of Count Dooku?
Darth Sidious: His death was a necessary loss. Soon I will have a new apprentice, one far younger and more powerful.
* * *
Obi-Wan: Flying is for droids.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: From my point of view the Jedi are evil.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Then you are lost!
* * *
Mace Windu: May the force be with us all.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: I feel lost.
Padmé: Lost?
Anakin Skywalker: Obi-Wan and the Council don't trust me.
Padmé: They trust you with their lives.
Anakin Skywalker: Something's happening. I'm not the Jedi I should be. I want more. And I know I shouldn't.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.
Count Dooku: Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.
* * *
Yoda: Destroy the Sith, we must.
* * *
Yoda: Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him, you will.
* * *
Mace Windu: I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor.
Ki-Adi-Mundi: If he does not give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he must be forcibly removed from office.
Mace Windu: It will be tricky. The Jedi Council will have to take control of the Senate to ensure a peaceful transition to a new goverment and a new leadership for the Republic.
Yoda: Hmm. To a dark place this line of thought will carry us. Great care we must take.
* * *
Anakin Skywalker: You're going to need me on this one, Master.
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Oh, I agree. Though it could turn out to just be a wild bantha chase.
* * *
You may see the trailer here.


Plot: 7/10
Entertainment: 7/10
Acting: 7/10
Originality: 7/10
Music and Sound: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment