Saturday, September 10, 2016

Elizabeth Debicki


Elizabeth Debicki

24 August 1990

An Australian stage and film actress. Debicki became interested in ballet at an early age and trained as a dancer until deciding to switch to theatre. A student at Huntingtower School in eastern Melbourne, she achieved two perfect study scores in Drama and English and was the school's dux when she graduated in 2007. In 2010, she completed a degree in drama at the University of Melbourne's Victorian College of the Arts. In August 2009, she was the recipient of a Richard Pratt Bursary for outstanding acting students in their second year of training.
Debicki made her film debut with a brief appearance in the 2011 film "A Few Best Men". After seeing Debicki's audition reel, director Baz Luhrmann flew her to auditions in Los Angeles. In May 2011, Luhrmann announced that she had been cast as Jordan Baker in his 2013 film "The Great Gatsby".


As actress


Quotations
* * *
I guess the bigger you dream, the further you have to fall if you don't get it, so it can be a bit of a scary thing to be that ambitious.
* * *
Kissing in films, it's just another thing you have to do. It kind of becomes as technical as how to open a door, really.
* * *
Every time I see a good play or watch a good movie, I have the same feeling I had as a child of wanting to be that person on stage or wanting to run through the forest with a big dress on.
* * *
I don't have a story about an epiphany in which I suddenly realised I wanted to be an actor. It was much more a case of the idea dawning on me gradually.
* * *
I was a dancer from a young age. My parents were dancers; we were taken to a lot of ballet as children. It occurred to me that what I liked more than dancing the steps was acting the story of whatever particular performance I was taking part in.
* * *
I was very new to working in front of the camera when I started shooting 'Gatsby', so I set myself the mission of gleaning as much information as possible out of the much more experienced actors. The cast was astoundingly talented.
* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment